Hello friends, and welcome to the first Foodie Friday here on Joyful Wellness Girl!
For those joining for the first time, the second and fourth Friday of the month, I link up with 2 of my favorite bloggers for Foodie Friday! It is a place to share recipes and meet other bloggers who also love creating new recipes. We have a theme each week, but by no means do you need to follow that theme with us. Feel free to use the link at the bottom to join us!
Several weeks ago I was trying to get creative with the quick breakfast time we have in the morning before school. The kids love oatmeal, but making it plain got a bit boring. I remembered one of my friends back in the day adding some apple to her oatmeal, and it was so yummy! I decided to try it with the kids and it was a hit!
- 1/3 cup organic quick oats
- 3/4 cup water or milk of choice
- 1 apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving collagen
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp organic maple syrup (optional)
- Add the oatmeal and liquid to a small pot
- Add in half of the apple
- Bring the oatmeal to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add in the remaining ingredients
- Sprinkle more cinnamon on top and enjoy!
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! Join us February 22 for some snack recipes.