It is Friday, and the sun is shining, and I made it through Les Mills launch week at one of my gyms! I am so grateful this week is near the end! It was challenging in many ways, but I faced them head on, and then made a treat to enjoy when it was over!
If you followed my previous blog, you know I am a fan of chocolate! I know it is not every ones favorite, but I sure do love it! Back in college (early 2000s) my bff and I were house sitting and wanted to make something with chocolate, but also wanted to make something we never tried before. She found a recipe for a dessert with avocado in it. We were skeptical at first, but it turned out so amazing! This new dessert is a spin off that one as I really don’t remember anything we used besides some cocoa powder and avocado! This time around it is so creamy and delicious! It is not super sweet, but just the right amount to hit that sweet spot!
I am linking up with 2 of my fav ladies, my Foodie Friday gals, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for new ingredient recipes. I am not really using a totally new ingredient, just a new combo 🙂
- 2 medium organic avocados
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used organic unsweetened almond milk)
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 4 scoops collagen peptides
- Add all all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend till mixed well.
- Scoop into a glass storage container.
- Chill for 30 min in the fridge.
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! Join us April 12 for some grilled cheese recipes.