Hello friends, it has been a while. The month of May brought some pretty rough news so I stepped back from the blog and social media for a bit. I am on the emotional mend, and very thankful for my support system over these last few weeks! Thank you also for those of you who offered prayers, love and support from afar! It means a great deal to my heart.
It is officially the end of May, and by noon tomorrow, summer vacation will be in full swing! Lately the kiddos have been all about making their own homemade lemonade! It is super cute and they have been loving experimenting with different ways to make the best lemonade. It got me thinking about how I could make some on my own because I do NOT like pulp! I know there are people out there who love it, and I would gladly give my extra pulp to you!
I have been making more juices with my Ellie’s Best Nut Bag, and I decided to try making some strawberry lemonade with it! It turned out amazing! A ton of flavor, a hit of sweetness from the strawberries and a bit of maple syrup, and super smooth! Not a piece of pulp to be found!
- 4 large organic lemons
- 12 large organic strawberries
- about 2 cups purified water (equal to the amount of juice produced)
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup (more or less depending on your desired sweetness)
- 1 Ellie’s Best nut bag
- Wash & hull the strawberries. Place in the blender.
- Cut each lemon in half and remove the inside. Place in the blender.
- Blend well, about 2 minutes.
- Place the nut bag in a large bowl. Pour the juice mixture into the bag.
- Squeeze the mixture in the bag with your hands, letting the extra juice fall into the bowl. (This did take a little muscle work, but so worth it!)
- Measure the juice and add the same amount of water to the mixture.
- Add in the maple syrup, 1/4 cup at a time, till the desired sweetness level is reached.
- Enjoy with some ice or let the lemonade chill! It takes much better when it is really cold!
I have teamed up with Ellie’s Best and if you purchase a bag though their website, you can use code JOYFULWELLNESSGIRL for 10% off. I also receive a small commission off each purchase. All and any support of Joyful Wellness Girl is much appreciated.