Happy Monday friends! We are enjoying some spring weather, and the joys of living where the pollen count is the highest in the country. With the arrival of the fist official day of spring just around the corner, I am celebrating early!
5 reasons I am celebrating spring a little early!
1. Knee feeling good with full teaching week- Last week I was teaching my normal classes plus ended up subbing a few times and my knee felt pretty good! I was even able to use small weights for squats and it felt great!
Monday- Body Pump + Sprint
Tuesday- walking + recovery stretching
Wednesday – Body Pump and walking
Thursday- rest day
Friday- Body Pump + Sprint
Saturday- Body Pump + master class
Sunday- walking + recovery stretching
2. Instructor award- recently I was teaching my lovely Wednesday body pump class and one of my managers came in. I don’t see him often, so I really thought he was there to evaluate me! I went on with the class and didn’t notice that he was still there. At the end of the class he came up and made an announcement that I was the Feb instructor of the month for 24 hour fitness in the Houston area! I was very surprised and honored. I also received a super sweet backpack filled with some other goodies- headphones, a wireless speaker, phone ring, and a charging cord!
3. Master class 109- this weekend I was honored to attend a master class with one of the Les Mills trainers for the new release! It was perfect timing as I’m going to be teaching the new release beginning next Monday! It was also part of a weekend training for new instructors and I was able to take the class with some friends who did the training!
4. Weighted blanket – I have been wanting a weighted blanket for a long time. I have read so many great things about them helping with sleep issues as well as anxiety. They can be pretty pricey, but I happened to catch a really great sale! I have felt a huge difference in my sleep!
5. Prince- our new beta fish. We fish sat for some friends last summer and since then, the hubs has wanted a fish. I finally got him one for his birthday and we are loving him! He has a really funny personality 😀 He is really pretty but hard to photograph!